Protecting your building
Cedarspan products are constructed of timber and are supplied in the raw (unsealed) state. Variations in grain, colour and minor imperfections such as knots, gum ducts or shakes are common characteristics of natural timber. Although seasoned timber is used in manufacturing; changes in climate condition may cause slight movement in the components of some items.
Damage caused by general wear and tear, environmental factors or exposure to weather is not covered by warranty.
The quality raw materials used by Cedarspan in timber buildings need to be sealed/coated with exterior coating to protect them from exposure to the elements to qualify for Cedarspan’s 10 year warranty.
- The Seller will rectify any defects in, the Goods supplied by the Seller appearing within 10 years from date of delivery to the Buyer.
- The Seller will rectify any faults in workmanship of, the Goods supplied by the Seller appearing within 10 years from date of delivery to the Buyer.
- In this Document, the following interpretations and meanings shall apply
- “Seller” means GREENSPAN GROUP ACN. 147937817 trading as CEDARSPAN™ or MELWOOD™ or MELWOOD CEDARSHEDS™ or assigns.
- “Buyer” means the purchaser as detailed on the contract of sale or relevant document from the Seller detailing the sale of the Goods.
- “Goods” means the good or goods as detailed on the contract of sale or relevant document from the Seller detailing the sale of the Goods.
- “Defect” or “Fault” shall be limited to the details set out in “Guide to Standards & Tolerances” as published by the Department of Fair Trading in NSW
- The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies in respect of Goods which the Buyer has under Trade Practices Act and relevant State and Territory laws. If inconsistent, the Trade Practices Act and relevant State and Territory laws shall prevail.
- In any claim, the Buyer must provide the Seller with documentary proof of title and ownership of the Goods
- The address for rectification shall be the same as the original transaction address.
- The Seller shall not be liable for any damage or defect or fault caused by the Buyer or third parties.